Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Crossed

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly post hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine.


"The hotly awaited second book in the dystopian Matched trilogy
In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.
Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever." -Amazon
Release date: November 1
If you haven't read Matched yet, you're missing out! Ally Condie's words flow on the page, her characters are interesting, and the dystopian plot is one I hadn't heard of before. I've fallen in love with Ky, so I can't wait for this second book. When the characters start to act out against a strict society, you know crazy things will happen!
What books are you anticipating?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have an ARC of this one begging to be read. But alas, I'm bogged down with August/September books so it must wait. Awesome pick, Jenna!

Stop by my WoW

Jill said...

So glad you're participating in WoW!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited about this one too! It was my WoW just a couple of weeks ago. You can check out my WoW over at Fuzzy.Coffee.Books if ya like!
Courtney
*new follower

Lea Christine said...

OMG Matched has been on my TBR forever-- I need to read it already! I love dystopians as well-- Divergent and Wither were awesome :D

You can see my WoW post for this week at the link below-- would love if you stopped by! Happy reading :)

Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

Jenna and Ashley said...

Lea...I read your WoW...you just made my day. Didn't know Delirium was part of a trilogy! Loved that book...Lauren Oliver rocks!

Lindsay Cummings author said...

will DEFF be getting this one when it comes out! i hope it is faster paced than matched, though! here's my WOW post w/2012 books! hope you'll stop by and let me know what you are looking forward to reading from my list! http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/