Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday (#12)

Feature & Follow Friday is a blog hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read-- a chance for bloggers to hop around and discover new things about each other (plus new blogs!).

Question of the Week: Many readers/bloggers are also big music fans. Tell us about a few of your favorite bands/singers that we should listen to in 2012.

I'm very eclectic when it comes to music. Bands/artists you must check out if you haven't, even if they don't come out with a song this year:

  • Adele (so young, so soulful)
  • Sara Bareilles (maybe she and Adele could be best friends?)
  • Lady Antebellum (sweet cross-over melodies)
  • Gavin DeGraw (such catchy tunes, even if the hits come once every 4-6 years)
  • Paramore (such angst, such raw emotion)
  • No Doubt (where have you gone, Mrs. Stefani?)
  • Alanis Morisette ('cause she's so ironic!)
  • Taylor Swift (just don't get on her bad side)
  • Any Glee soundtrack (AMAZING!)
  • All Saints (anyone ever heard of these girls?? My idols as a teen!)
  • Phantom of the Opera soundtrack (just saw this on broadway but have always adored the score; Andrew Lloyd Webber's a musical genius)
What music do you like? Maybe there's something I should be listening to that I didn't mention?

If you haven't already, check out Parajunkee's new meme, Social Hop.
You can link up your Twitter and Facebook fan page.

16 comments:

Racquel (A Book Barbie) said...

I agree, even if Gavin Degraw releases his music once every blue moon, they always rock<3

Old follower♥
My TGIF & FF ((:
-thank you&come again.

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I've always been a fan of Phantom too. I haven't seen it in years but it's a classic.
My Hop

DeniseF said...

Great list! I miss No Doubt, I love them!

Following you back.

DeniseF said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

My goodness, Adele sure is popular this weekend! I loved No Doubt! My fave fave CD was Rock Steady--at least I believe that was the name. It had Hey Baby on it!

Here's my Friday Hops

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

hbjgvhuogyihpo said...

Great list, I love all of those artists!
Following you back (:

DforDarla said...

Great list. Loving a lot of those artists. Paramore is a big favorite.

Thanks for stopping by!

Totally Booked Solid said...

http://totallybookedsolid.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday.html new follower .. Great choices in music I pretty much agree with all your choices of music very eclectic choices.

Oh! Paper Pages said...

New follower! Haha, I love your comment about Taylor Swift. Looking forward to your reviews!

www.ohpaperpages.blogspot.com

Jenni Elyse said...

Love Adele. She has a fantastic voice. Also love Glee soundtracks. Their versions of the songs are almost better than the originals, in some cases they really are. And, I'm also a huge fan of Phantom. I've seen it four times, but I'd love to see it on Broadway someday.

Natalie said...

Hey Jenna!

We have a LOT in common as far as music tastes go! Adele, Paramore, Sarah Bareilles...LOVE them!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Kristina said...

Omg! I haven't heard this song since HS!! Love it.

I love Paramore!

Old follower :)

Louisa @ Words I Write Crazy said...

Ooh! I love Taylor Swift and Lady Antebellum, they're so good :) Lady A. opened for Keith Urban at the first (and so far, only) concert I've been to :) Happy reading! Older follower, and thanks for stopping by! :)

Lucia (iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books) said...

GLEE! PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!

You are my new best friend.

Lucia
iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books

Epic YA Reads said...

Hi Jenna!

Here to Follow back & I love your blog design too - Beautiful!

Florence
Epic YA Reads
http://www.epicyareads.com

Brooke said...

Thanks for hopping by my blog last week!