Primetime TV is addictive, especially when new shows come out that are as hilarious as these.
Series: The New Girl
Starring: Zooey Deschanel
- Main character, Jess, sings songs about herself and what she's doing
- Three guy roomates agree to a fourth female roommate who found their add on Craigslist
- Jess is guy-clueless
- Roommate Schmidt is obsessed with Cece and thinks he has came, but she's a model
- Nick and Jess would make the perfect couple
- Justin Long's eccentric character starts dating Jess (and I think it's brining out Nick's jealous side)
- Theme song "It's Jess!" ends in the boys holding up a picture frame around her face
- There was a really cool African American dude on the first episode who was never heard from again.
Starring: Whitney Cummings
- Whitney and Alex are the cutest TV couple ever (this could have something to do with them play fighting all the time/being sarcastic like me and my husband)
- Great jokes
- Nothing extraordinary happens, but viewers can relate to the mixups/fights between couples
- Favorite episode: When Whitney tries to enjoy Alex's interests by playing racquetball and loses majorly, then whoops Alex at basketball, her "hidden talent." He's a super sore loser (it's funny to watch him pout). Seriously, I know a ton of boys that hate losing!
- None at all!
Series: 2 Broke Girls
Starring: Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs
- Max (Dennings) is hilarious: talented and sarcastic with a soft spot for animals. She says every comeback I wish I'd thought of
- Caroline (Behrs) balances her out as a rich-turned poor college grad who's good at business
- Johnny is a hot graffiti artist who has a thing for Max and their chemistry is palpable
- Max keeps a pet horse on the little porch of her apartment and takes a giant shovel to clean up its poop when they go for walks
- The owner of the diner where the girls work always has on DJ sized headphones and the chef is always making sex jokes (no, I wouldn't want that in a real workplace, but it's funny to watch)
- At the end of each episode, the running total that the girls have saved for their cupcake business appears (and either goes up or down)
- Again, no complaints!
What have you been watching in between books?