Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon: Mini-challenge, Love Triangles

If you're an avid reader and you're not on board the Read-a-Thon train, follow my link on the left! Unfortunately, I'm a little late in the starting of it myself, since I stayed up until 4:30 working on revisions for my novel.

Here's the first mini-challenge in which I'm participating:
http://www.yabliss.com/2011/07/once-upon-read-thon-mini-challenge.html

Three love triangles in literature, and not just any love triangles, but unexpected ones. (Okay, the contest is hard, so YA Bliss gave permission for top two. Since I don't read a ton of paranormal, the books all about the love triangle, I've only given my top two.)


1. Hunger Games trilogy: Peeta/Katness/Gale-
This one saddens me extremely! (SPOILER ALERT) Peeta is so incredibly kind through the whole series, yet I find myself rooting for the best friend. Her loyal childhood companion. He has a sexier edge to me with his ability to hunt in the wild, and their mysterious, often awkward conversations created a sexual tension. I wish Katniss had wisened up and picked Gale!



2. Matched: Xander/Cassia/Ky-
It was completely opposite for me in this instance. I didn't root for the best friend since he was her original match. They had nothing but a platonic chemistry, I felt like. Ky, on the other hand, has so many secrets. When he and Cassia speak, it has to be done under the cover of the woods to avoid suspicions. Their quiet together time with nature brings them close. We always want what we can't girls, but this time it goes both ways!

Happy reading!
What I'm currently reading for the Read-a-Thon:

No comments: