Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Fun Friday: Enhancing My Blog (now OUR blog!)

Those of you who follow me might be wondering why you see all these new posts popping up on your dashboard. I apologize. I am going full speed ahead on some new improvements, including my own book reviews tab on the home page. Unfortunately, I can't figure out any other way to link my reviews than by creating individual new posts. Believe me, I tried for two hours this morning. I also tried to get Hello Kitty faces instead of stars (drew a new canvas on MS Word and tried to save as a picture in Paint, but couldn't do it). Any tips?

I have fabulous news: my best friend Ashley (location Minot, ND) has agreed to join my blog. You will love her sense of humor. We decided to change this into a book blog (see the title?) with occasional commentary on other things.

We'll continue to have Mystery Review Monday, Write It Out Wednesday, and Fun Friday. If we can keep up with those days, of course.

If you have any suggestions as to a unique element that we can add in our YA book reviews-- something you wish you always had more info. on about a book before you read it-- please, let me know! There are a lot of blogs out there with reviews, so I want to figure out a way to set mine apart.

We'll also gladly take recommendations. We both update our "Books to Read" list on a daily basis.

Another hope is that we can interview authors (since I know a couple of fabulous Oklahoma ones to start). If you haven't yet read Sonia Gensler's The Revenant or Brandi Barnett's Glamour, you are missing out!

This is me and Ashley enjoying some soft serve yogurt when she came into OKC a few weeks ago. Don't worry, she's not picking her nose. My husband made us laugh because he was faking us out with the counting before the picture. And maybe she had to sneeze?
There is nothing in the world like a best friend, a person to laugh and cry with, a person to confide in and be yourself around.

I just can't seem to avoid those darn dangling prepositions. Oh well. English teachers aren't perfect all the time. 

By the way, Ashley is a special ed teacher. We both attend the concerts of musicians from our teenage years (like Britney Spears and the Backstreet Boys), get really annoyed by bad drivers, and were fortunate enough to travel as military brats. We met in Japan in 1999 and have stayed in touch ever since.


No comments: