Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

NetFlix On the Brain


Besides devouring books, my not-so-secret addiction is watching entire series of shows at a time on NetFlix. I'm currently hooked on Orange is the New Black.

I admit, three episodes in, I was like, "What the hell?!" but sticking with it paid off. It's definitely original and I love the main character. I want to know what to watch next. Here are the series I have really enjoyed on Netflix (in no particular order):

  • Borgia- For fans of Tudors and other medieval-esque shows. There's no holding back on the nudity though. Oh how corrupt is the history of the Catholic church.
  • Camelot- Another one cancelled after just one season but oh, so good! My mom and brother got me hooked on this one. I'm a sucker for noble causes and sword fights.
  • American Horror Story- I haven't even seen season 2 yet. Creepy and twisted and most times and often random plot twists that throw you for a loop. But ghosts living in the house that normal people can see? Brilliant! Not to mention, freakiest show opening ever.
  • Sherlock. One of those mini-series that has about 3 episodes in a series. He's just so smart! Love the texts they show to the viewer.
  • Friends with Benefits. My husband and I watched all of season 1 in one night. So funny.
  • Hemlock Grove. I couldn't figure out what was going on for half the season, but it still turned out to be weirdly addicting. Shelly is like a girl version of Frankenstein. 
  • The Secret Circle- A much calmer version of The Craft. Okay, so this didn't last past one season. Character development was weak a lot of the time. But I just couldn't stop watching.  
  • The Walking Dead. Had to watch after my students wouldn't shut up about it. They were totally right. Zombies are cool. You make weird choices in life-or-death situations.
What should I watch next? HELP!
I started House of Cards, and it was good, but I never got addicted.

1 comment:

rose.ann.castro said...

Zombies are really cool! The Walking Dead and Orange is the New Black are my favourite on the list! :)

Ann@Blogging E-books